1 man, 2 women
10 minute comedy
About the play:
Meet Robert and Alese Langford, a sophisticated older couple whose children are pushing them to move out of their home and into an elite retirement community called Silver Glades. But at the Prospective Resident Interview, everyone–including the audience–is in for surprises! Sometimes you don’t know who is compos mentis–of sound mind–and who is not.
Here’s what they’re saying about the show:
- “This witty and brilliantly lighthearted script by Marilyn Millstone is a cheeky look at an aging couple who aren’t quite ready to submit to the life of the down-and-out… a touching, feel-good, and overall heartfelt slice of life comedy that is just too precious for words.” -Amanda N. Gunther, Theatre Bloom
- “[One of the] two strongest plays of the evening.” -Jeffrey Borak, The Berkshire Eagle
Recognition for Compos Mentis:
- Audience Choice, 2016 Fells Point Corner Theatre 10×10 Festival
- Judges Award, 2017 EdgeFest Eight, Birdhouse Theatre
- 1st Place Audience Choice, 2018 End of the Road New Play Festival
About the playwright: Marilyn Millstone’s award-winning playwriting is rooted in her background as a news and feature journalist and essayist. Her full-length dramas, one-acts, ten-minute plays and monologues have been produced by Silver Spring Stage, Hudson Warehouse, the West Side Show Room, the End of the Road New Play Festival, the Short & Sweet Festivals in Sydney and Dubai, and many other theatres. Two of Marilyn’s monologues were selected for Best Women’s Monologues of 2019, published by Smith and Kraus. Her full-length drama Proprioception is the winner of AACT NewPlayFest; it will be produced by Rover Dramawerks and published by Dramatic Publishing. Millstone holds an MFA in playwriting from Spalding University.