1 man, 2 women
10 minute comedy
About the play: After spending most of her life raising children and wearing sensible shoes, Doris finds her inner goddess in a pair of stylish, trendy shoes. Husband Don, whose shoes date from 1958, is not convinced, worrying about broken hips. Funny, with a satisfying ending!
About the shoes: The actress may choose a pair of shoes that is glittery, a bright color, or some outlandish style like cowboy boots. It is not necessary to wear high heels to do this role!
Recognition for Metaphorical Shoes:
- Finalist, Eileen Heckart Senior Drama Competition, 2007
- Reading by The Lost Playwrights of Western North Carolina, March 2009
- Honorable Mention, Old Opera House Theatre Company New Voice Play Festival, 2009
- Theatre Southwest 8th Annual Readers Theatre, 2012
- Geneva Theatre Guild, 2012
- Cashiers Library, 2015
- Phoenix Theatre Caleb Reese Festival, 2017
About the playwright: Judith Pratt is a director, theatre professor, and actor, as well as a fully qualified senior. Her plays have been produced in New York City, Boston, Philadelphia, and Cape Town, South Africa, among others.