Are you a playwright?
Thank you for your interest in helping older actors fulfill their theatrical dreams.
We can’t wait to publish our next best-seller. Maybe it’s yours!
Currently, we are accepting shows on a rolling basis.
Things to think about:
- Senior Theatre is a broad category, requiring plays of all lengths and all genres.
- Our collection includes the work of a wide variety of playwrights, from those who have never been published to those who are well-established and known in the field.
- We are looking for stories that portray older people in a positive light, living life fully in today’s modern society.
- We do publish plays that are intergenerational, though we select stories that focus on the older generations rather than their children or grandchildren.
- Demographically, there are more older women. Plays that feature women as lead characters and/or have a majority of women in the cast are preferred.
- See our Writers’ Guidelines for complete information about how to format scripts and where to send them.
- Purchase our TipSheet Writing Plays for Senior Theatre. Click here to order the document.
Thanks, as always, for the commissions! I tell many people about ArtAge and how you’ve made my play available for downloading and performance. Thanks so much!
What you do is a wonderful service for playwrights. I know what effort goes into your work. Thank you.