In this newly updated TipSheet, you’ll find critical tips, tricks and techniques for teaching older actors. You’ll learn how to organize, plan, market, and teach sessions that build skills, confidence, and an enthusiasm for acting.
Included are well-tested lesson plans that are easily adaptable to your teaching style and group’s needs. A complete list of additional resources will help you round out the details. With the information presented here, you’ll be up and running in no time at all.
- The value of Theatre Classes
- Logistical considerations for Senior Theatre classes
- Marketing Senior Theatre classes
- Senior Theatre class topics, including specific information for Readers Theatre and Teaching Senior Theatre Online
- A list of teaching supplies to have on hand
- Guiding principles. Important tidbits of gleaned over many years.
- Sample Lesson Plans for:
- 10 week class in senior centers, retirement living, adult education, lifelong learning, learning in retirement, or related settings
- A 6-week class
- Readers Theatre class
- Recommendations for useful and successful resources.
The information contained in this TipSheet is the product of Bonnie’s years of experience teaching older actors. She says, “You’re about to embark on something that I hope will be the most creative, stimulating, and enjoyable thing you’ve ever done! Teaching Senior Theatre has certainly been that for me.”
…very helpful! It taught me how to teach Senior Theatre classes and saved me a lot of time and effort! A. Penn
A must-have for anyone teaching actor to seniors! W. Hazel
You really outdid yourself this time. What a fabulous piece of work! I should have known this would be so well organized and have a multitude of outlines for every imaginable venue and group. I can’t add anything! B. Lolordo