Story, lyrics and music by Tom Northam
Musical arrangement by Ron Pronk
Song-filled, action-packed full-length musical with a flexible sized cast
***Winner of National Mature Media Award!
What is it about? The musical centers on Maggie Hill, an unmarried, newly retired school teacher with a meager pension, and Lady Anne Windesmeer, a recent widow who has been swindled out of most of her funds by an unscrupulous lawyer. The two seniors convert Lady Anne’s home into a bed and breakfast, which becomes the setting for a cast of characters that bring with them hilarity, intrigue, romance, warmth, and a twisting chain of events that will shake up your audience in more ways that one.
What did they think? Audience members leave the theatre humming the memorable songs woven throughout this funny yet sensitive look at senior life. You’ll discover why the show has been profitable every time it’s been staged.
Where has it been performed? A Bag Full of Miracles has been performed throughout the US and Canada to rave reviews and standing ovations! It’s been performed multiple times by professional theatres, community theatres, senior centers, retirement housing, and the parks and recreation departments of various cities.
How can I purchase it? First, receive the entire script and all the music for a two-month loan for $5 (plus shipping and handling) as a Perusal! Once you decide to purchase, you have two options. The first is traditional pricing (one script per cast member) and royalties per performance.
Your second option is to purchase the Production Kit. This is by far your best value.
The Kit Includes:
• Fully 17-piece orchestra recordings of all songs, segues, and underscore music on CDs
• Reproducible script
• Sound effects
• Set design
• Marketing & promotional materials
• And much more!
Here’s what they say about the show:
- Hilarity, intrigue, romance, warmth and a twisting chain of events. Grand Junction Senior Theatre shows us how it’s done! Grand Junction Free Press
- A Bag Full of Miracles is witty, filled with great roles for mature actors. Many of the performers said that this was the best character they ever played! Lisa Manos, Director
- Fast paced, tuneful and full of surprises! The ideal vehicle for senior actors. Rollin Wehmen, General Manager and Artistic Director, Riverside Dinner Theatre and Conference Center
- A perfect show… meaningful, delightful with beautiful music… our audiences loved every bit of it. Sonja Reeder, Assistant Manager, Lake of the Woods Players
- It’s a whirlwind comedy. Rob Hedelt, Critic and Feature Writer, the Free-Lance Star.
- Performing in A Bag Full of Miracles was a delightful experience. The director was so accomplished and knew how to motivate and support all of us. It felt like a big family supporting each other and having fun. Thanks for this heartwarming, hard-working, and most rewarding of experiences. Judith McKay, performed A Bag Full of Miracles at Tacoma Musical Playhouse.
Click below to:
Read a FreeView of A Bag Full of Miracles
Click below to listen to some of the music from A Bag Full of Miracles
A Bag Full of Miracles Overture
Read an article about A Bag Full of Miracles
Read How We Produced A Bag Full of Miracles
You’ll also enjoy Tom Northam’s other hit musical, Sometimes a Rainbow.