10 minute comedy
About the play: Penner, a retired engineer, has hit a block in his memoir writing class at the local senior center. But when he suggests that the autobiography be about his elderly cat, Jackson, the teacher gives him another block. This is a sweet story about making lemonade from lemons and the strength of relationships and cats!
Recognition for A Memoir of Jackson:
- Produced by Stray Kats Theatre Company in the Still Crazy After All These Years Festival, 2015
- Produced in the Gimme 10 Minutes play festival, 2019
What they say about the show:
- Rona Altrows knows how to channel the most elusive character in A Memoir of Jackson, that’s Jackson–the cat!
- Rona Altrows’ sharp wit holds the audience in thrall in this brilliant play!
- A Memoir of Jackson is delightfully quirky and touching. A crowd pleaser!
- I was immersed in the story of A Memoir of Jackson as the scenarios progressed throughout the play!
- At the end of A Memoir of Jackson you’re left wanting to spend more time with the characters. It’s a charming and funny play.
This play is included in AGELESS! 11 Short Plays Celebrating Seniors.
About the playwright: Rona Altrows is a playwright, fiction writer, essayist, and editor. She grew up in Montreal, where she obtained a degree in English Drama, and acted, directed, and co-wrote student productions. After careers in teaching and law, she returned to her love of writing and theatre and has never looked back. She founded a one-day 10-minute play festival, Gimme 10 Minutes, which has emerged in an expanded form. Rona has also written or co-edited six books.